Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Josh Pence joins "The Dark Knight Rises"

Production on Chris Nolan's third and final Batman film The Dark Knight Rises is close to beginning and while the story may be under tight security, rumors and speculation are covering every possible detail, many of which involve tying the film back into Batman Begins. Still no word on whether or not Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be playing the role of Alberto Falcone, estranged son of former Gotham crime boss Carmine Falcone, but we do have someone new coming to the cast, Social Network star Josh Pence. Pence has been signed on to play a younger Ra's Al Ghul in flashback sequences throughout the film. This would certainly confirm the number of rumors flying Gary Oldman, who plays Commissioner Jim Gordon in the series, that film ties up a lot of loose ends and brings the trilogy back to where it all began. Liam Neeson played Ra's Al Ghul in Batman Begins and if you take a look at the photo above you can see the resemblance between the two actors. Also new to the cast is Anne Hathaway playing the famous feline thief Catwoman and Tom Hardy as strongman Bane. Whatever direction the film goes, lets hope Nolan can bring it all back together and round it out with a smashing finale.

6 comments:

  1. I have a feeling either Talia is in this movie OR Bane is/was part of the League of Shadows. One or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would actually fit either way, especially comics wise, because as I recall, at one point Ra's considered Bane the ideal mate for Talia, and even had him as a new Ubu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know that last one. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. Hey do you think Astro City could ever be made into an animated film? I think it would be great, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure. I have not really read it, I've heard of it, but I just don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I highly recommend it. There series's are fantastic, great stories, artwork, and the covers are done by Alex Ross. Believe me when I say that reading the trade paperbacks is money well spent.

    ReplyDelete