Monday, April 4, 2011

Green Lantern's Looking Bright

Alright, so first off I would like to apologize to all my readers for not getting a post out on Friday, and I know this is a lame excuse but I was on spring break and and my parents decided to take our family on a trip to Wisconsin for the day. But now on to the latest news for the upcoming Green Lantern film. A few days ago, at WonderCon, a new trailer for the upcoming hero film starring Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan was released. This trailer has gained much favor with fans, giving everyone a better look at Mark Strong's Sinestro, Parallax being cast as the embodiment of fear and Geoffrey Rush's voice work for Tomar-Re, as well as improved CGI work on Reynolds Green Lantern uniform. To see the new trailer and the amazing advancements made, go to http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/greenlantern/ and click on Wonder-con footage. Warner Bros. recently apologized for the first trailer and have announced that a second official trailer will be released when they are happy with it, so we can probably be looking at a new one screening ahead of Thor on May 6. But aside from that, this has put Green Lantern on the top spot with the other upcoming summer hero movies (Thor, Captain America and X-Men: First Class). And as a side note, DC Comics Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns has announced that a Justice League movie is in development, but Ryan has not been approached for a part in the film. So much is happening at once! So many hero films! It feels like we are literally getting bombarded by costumes! So much to look forward to in the summer! I don't know about the rest of you but when the call goes out, I'm getting my tickets early cause I am not going to want to miss any of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment