Sunday, January 30, 2011

Elseworlds: JSA: The Liberty Files

This will be my last post in my Elseworlds series and I will be moving back to doing posts based around what the "mission statement" of Comicbook/Sci-Fi Kingdom is about. I decided to go with The Liberty Files as my final Elseworlds post because, well quite frankly this was the one that I kept coming back to, more than anything. It takes the Golden Age superheroes, (Atom, Hourman, Batman, Flash, Hawkman etc.) and places them during WWII and afterwards during the Cold War. They are portrayed not as traditional superheroes, but instead costumed, covert government agents. There are appearances by some of the classic villains to be sure, including Joker (in this series smuggler Jack the Grin), Parasite, who well, looks normal but is really gross when he is doing the whole sucking the life-force from people thing, and Scarecrow, who is a German agent that is more of a... dang it there really is no way to describe him except that he is nasty looking. That's it, plain and simple. As with all other Elseworlds, I highly recommend this one, and encourage all who read my posts to really consider starting their own "library" of not just these, but other comic book trade paperbacks. So don't delay, get out there and get your own Elseworlds today!

No comments:

Post a Comment