Sunday, June 5, 2011

X-Men: First Class Review

Ok, so I apologize for not getting a post out yesterday, but graduation is today, so things have been a bit crazy around here. Regardless, I found the time to see Matthew Vaughn's new take on a well known group. In my opinion, he did an excellent job. The casting of James McAvoy as Charles Xavier and Michael Fassbender as Magneto was a stroke of genius. The film did not disappoint, and I believe has set the stage for a whole new series of X-Men films, this time no doubt being more successive by drawing from the comic book world. I will not spoil the film for those who have seen it, but the ending made me so excited for future films. I give this film four out of four stars, for an excellent cast, great dialogue, and overall, really bringing a fresh new hope to X-Men movies.

2 comments:

  1. I went into it like I went into Smallville to Superman. I really liked it. 8/10 Same as X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

    I felt that I could make it fit into the Marvel Movieverse (Avengers, Spider-Man (yes, I can even fit Spidey into that universe), Daredevil/Electra, and the other X-Men movies). I can excuse the fact that some continuity errors were mixed up cause I can make it fit. So, I really enjoyed it. I really did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Mike. Can't wait to read what you have to say about Green Lantern and Captain America. Thanks for being a sport and showing your support for this blog.

    ReplyDelete