Tuesday, May 10, 2011

TV News: New superhero show

With all the hype going around about the latest superhero films, I haven't really looked back at whats going on in TV land. So I did some digging and found a juicy new piece of news for you readers. The amazing comic book series Powers, created by the stellar team of Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon d. The series, mainly a police series, follows the exploits of detectives Christian Walker and Deena Pilgrim in world where superpowers are common but not mundane. Walker himself was once the superhero known as Diamond, until he lost powers.

The series is expected to premier in 2012 with the pilot episode and while there has been no announcements as who will play Walker and Pilgrim, actor Charles S. Dutton has been cast in the role of Captain Cross, head of the homicide department where the two detectives often investigate the sordid underbelly of the superhero world. I've read this series before and I can honestly say that I am excited for what this might bring to the small screen. 2012 is going to be a good year for television and movies, and I cannot wait to be along for the ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment