Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Captain America: First Avenger News

As of yesterday, Marvel has officially released the plot synopsis for the upcoming film. It is as follows: "Captain America: The First Avenger will focus on the early days of the Marvel Universe when Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) volunteers to participate in an experimental program that turns him into the Super Soldier known as Captain America. As Captain America, Rogers joins forces with Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) and Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) to wage war on the evil HYDRA organization, led by the villainous Red Skull (Hugo Weaving)." Now the only thing two things that have bugged me so far are 1.) Every time I read "HYDRA" I feel like I should be reading "Nazis" but that's not as big of a concern if the movie turns out to be fantastic. And issue 2). is why has there been no actual trailer beyond the Superbowl spot so far? I mean come on, the movie opens in 5 months. Are they building up the hype, because the movie may suck? Or have the powers that be just decided not to release a trailer yet, in order to build up a much larger appeal for the movie itself? I guess we'll find out eventually. Oh and for those of you who follow this blog and read Captain America comics, and have some beef with the movie costume as seen in the top picture. My advice is to get over it. Now in the movie, they have Howard Stark attached to the Super Soldier project, so he is the designer behind Cap's costume. Now to me that costume there in the picture looks more like something someone would wear going into combat against HYDRA shock troops. I know that's not what you would expert dear readers from a fellow comic book enthusiast, but I am willing to get over it for the sake of what could be an exceptionally awesome movie. I'll report more news as it comes out true believers, so once again, July is coming up, so get those tickets and costumes ready everyone, cause I have a feeling that this movie is gonna be spectacular.




No comments:

Post a Comment