Friday, February 4, 2011

New Big Bang Theory: Sheldon's apparent love for his mother

Last night's episode of The Big Bang Theory, was one that certainly tickled my funny bone. Sheldon is once again forced to lecture in front of a large crowd of people, in this case a room full of doctoral candidates, who are driven nearly insane by Sheldon's ego. After taking Amy's advice to take up acting lessons to help with his people skills, Sheldon turn to Penny for said acting lessons. But instead of acting out a scene from American stage classic Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, they act out a scene from a Star Trek fan fiction that Sheldon wrote when he was ten, that involved him being taken by the crew of the Enterprise to the 23rd century where his genius his appreciated. The part that was extremely funny was when Sheldon, coaxed by Penny to really get into his role of being his mother, reveals to viewers that he actually loves his mom, at which point Penny calls Mrs. Cooper to tell her, "I think I broke your son." Along with the side story of Raj starting to fantasize about Bernadette, during which time he convinces himself "he's definitely not gay." This episode literally had me laughing so hard it hurt, so I am giving this episode five out of five stars, even though I am not a tv numbers man. Till tomorrow, with another post. 

2 comments:

  1. I saw this episode and - being from a similar situation as Sheldon - a ST:TOS geek living in the South - I was falling off of my couch too!

    Truly one of the best episodes in geekdom!

    peace
    justice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. Can't wait to see what this week's episode holds.

    ReplyDelete