Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Episode 6 Review



Tonight's episode showed one thing, HYDRA has stepped up their game in the war against S.H.I.E.L.D. but then again, so has S.H.I.E.L.D. Escalation was the key plot point tonight, and brother, it was some heavy escalation indeed.

HYDRA attacks a UN meeting, in disguise as S.H.I.E.L.D agents, killing with deadly force and precision. General Talbot, there giving a update on the need to try and keep Coulson and his agents in check, is a witness to this brutality, and yet, he isn't convinced.

My oh my oh my, what a treat tonight was. Ladies and gentlemen, if there is one thing I can say, its thank gosh Joss Whedon for casting Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse! The banter between her Nick Blood (as mercenary working with S.H.I.E.L.D. Lance Hunter) is fantastic. Course, the fact that their characters are former husband and wife helps in a big way. Having to work alongside one's ex, in a job where danger and intrigue are the main course of every day, this is gonna be some primo dialogue if Palicki is sticking around for a while as Bobbi.

Plus, the added bonus of Senator Christian Ward, Grant Ward's big brother, who reveals the true nature of Grant, that the guy is a mega sociopath. And in exchange for his backing down in the hunt for Coulson and his team, Grant Ward is remanded into federal custody.

Also, tonight we see Palicki suited up in a more combat efficient version of Bobbi's Mockingbird costume from the comics, blond hair and all. I'm throwing in a photo, for all those who missed out tonight, to get a good look at Palicki is like as a blond and wearing blue spandex esque combat armor.


Tonight was as I said, all about escalation. And the escalation is sure to bring with it even more great episodes like tonight's, where front line action of a direct nature is employed, not just small hit and run tactics. More and more, this new season feels like the classic S.H.I.E.L.D. comics of the 60's, where Fury and his team took charge in the war against tyranny and evil. If nothing else, Marvel is showing how good comic book based television should be produced. And that's good enough reason to keep on watching as this season unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment