Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Comic book artists and writers: Stan Lee



Alright folks, for those out there who actually follow my blog, I apologize for being gone so long, school has just gotten a bit crazy. But I'm back and I'm starting up again. I plan on doing at least two more posts on comic book writers/artists after this one, then once all the new movies start popping up I'll be doing posts on those. But now to move on to the topic of today's post, the one and only Stan Lee!! Stan has been in the comics biz since the glory days of the 1940's, when Marvel (known as Timely Publications) started out. Stan's first work was a back story he wrote for Captain America #3, and then in 1941, became the editor-in-chief and art director until he replaced Martin Goodman as publisher in 1972. In the 60's, Stan was part of the teams that created some of the most recognizable heroes of today, including the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, The Avengers, the X-Men and a whole bunch of Marvel's other lead characters. Despite no longer actually working with Marvel, Stan still works with superheroes in his company POW! Entertainment. He has continually made guest appearances in the movie's staring his creations and is regarded as one of the most famous men in comics. To Stan Lee I say, bless you sir for your years of hard work and dedication. Excelsior!

No comments:

Post a Comment